Beth Kaplan Westbrook, PsyD
2250 NW. Flanders St., Suite 105
Portland, OR 97210
- Private Practice, Clinical psychology, Portland, OR. 9/91 – present.
- Consultant, Physician Wellness Program, Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland, Confidential psychotherapy appointments for physicians. 2/15-present
- Consultant, Health Professionals Services Program (Formerly Oregon Health Professional Program), State of Oregon. 9/90-present
- BA, Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 1978.
- MA, Expressive Therapies (Dance Therapy), Lesley College, Cambridge, MA, 1982.
- Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy Certificate Program, Washington School of Psychiatry, Wash, DC, 1987
- PsyD (Clinical Psychology), School of Professional Psychology, Pacific University (Outstanding Doctoral Candidate Award), 1991
ACTIVE LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Oregon Board of Psychology Examiners, 1993-present.
- Certified Counselor, National Academy of Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselors (CCMHC), 1990-present.
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Intern in Dance Therapy. St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Washington, DC, 1981-82. (Certified in Group Work Training and Crisis Intervention)
- Mount Vernon Hospital, Alexandria, VA, Therapist on a short-term psychiatric and neuro/medical unit, 1983-86.
- Intern, South Community Mental Health Center, Washington, DC, 1986-87
- Intern, Clinical Psychology, Clackamas County Mental Health Center, 1989-90.
- Adjunct Graduate Faculty, Marylhurst College, Portland, OR, 1989-1995
- Interventionist, Lung Health Study, Oregon Health Sciences University, 1990-93.
- Psychology Resident. Private Practice, Portland, OR, 1991-93.
MEMBERSHIPS AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
- American Psychological Association (Division of Psychotherapy), 1989-
- Oregon Psychological Association, 1989-
- Social Issues Committee, Public Education Committee (co-chair),1989-91.
- President-Elect, President, Past-President, 2002-05.
- Continuing Education Committee chair, 2004-05.
- Impaired Professional Taskforce, 2003-2009 (chair, 2004-06).
- Legislative Committee, 2009-
- Portland Psychological Association, 1996-
- Treasurer, 1998-99
- President-elect, 1999-00
- President, 2000-01
- Program Chair, Conference, Association for Women in Psychology, 2009
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS
- “Self-esteem”, Good Samaritan Hospital, Multiple Sclerosis support group, Portland, OR. 1991.
- “Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives on Addiction”, A panel discussion, moderator, Pacific University, Portland, OR. 1993.,
- “Adjustment to Divorce”, Portland State University, Graduate School of Social Work, 1992
- “The Pregnant Therapist: Issues for Therapy and Supervision” Association for Women in Psychology, Beth K. Westbrook, Robin Shallcross & Deborah Kass-Ray, 1994
- “Impaired Professionals: Prevention during Graduate School Training”, Pacific University, Portland, OR. 1996
- “Coping with breast cancer: How your mind can help your body“, YMCA, with Joan Dayger Behn, Portland, OR 1999
- “Group Therapy: Current Trends and Applications“, Providence Health Plans and School of Professional Psychology (Pacific University), Organized and moderated panel, 1999
- “Strategic Resilience for the Profession: Getting a Jump on Change” Participant, APA Leadership Conferences, Washington, DC, 2004.
- “Depression, lecture in Psychopathology course, Reed College, 2006